Following is a mixture of stats and actionable questions that can help you think about selling your house in a research-based way:
- Over 90% of buyers search for homes online. How will my property be marketed online?
- Over 70% of sellers would prefer to list with an agent that offered to put up a video of their home. Do I want a video?
- 89% of home buyers used a real estate agent. Is my listing attractive to both buyers and their agents?
- 40% of buyers are referred by a friend, neighbor, or relative. How can I utilize my own network to spread the word about my house for sale?
- 39% of buyers are first-time home buyers, and 65% of buyers are married couples. How can I best present my property, via staging or updating, to appeal to its potential/probable buyers?
- Sellers have typically lived in their homes for 9 years, longer than the 6 year average of 2007. With 62% of buyers purchasing a home newer than their last, how does the look and feel of my home compare to its competition; do I need to do some updating to attract the best offers?
- Most homes sold for 95% of their list price, with 40% of sellers offering incentives to attract buyers (most often assistance with home warranty policies and closing costs). How much do I want to net after fees, concessions to the buyer, and my own moving expenses?
88% of sellers were assisted by a real estate agent when selling their home in 2012, so, statistically, most people will use an agent to help sell their property.
End Zone Realty provides all its sellers with excellent digital marketing (HD photos and video), clear communication, and multiple price/feature options for getting listed in the MLS.