What you’ll learn about Home Owner Associations (HOAs)
- 8,000 new HOAs formed annually
- Several factors that led to the explosion of HOAs in the U.S.
- Approximately 25 million housing units with over 60 million residents are governed by HOAs
- 1.75 million people on HOA boards and 350,000 committee volunteers (1 committee volunteer per 5 board members)
- Over 300,000 HOAs in the U.S. in 2010, up from 10,000 HOAs in 1970 (big jump from 1980 to 1990)
- HOA communities account for approximately 15% of all the U.S. property values
- Most HOA residents say they have a friendly board and believe their HOA enhances property values
- Committee meetings occur about 3 times per year and board meetings occur about 8 times per year
For buying and selling real estate – or even for questions about your HOA – feel free to contact me.